Though not many people know about Oolong tea, those using it can say that it has been very helpful for them. It has the characteristics of both green and dark tea and has many interesting health benefits such as increasing metabolism, reducing stress, keeping teeth healthy, and many more. Hence, it keeps you on your toes and makes you feel great each day.
What is Oolong tea?
It is a traditional Chinese tea which is made from the Camellia sinensis plant, from where you get green tea and black tea too. The only difference here is its way of processing. Here oxidation process plays a very important role. Green tea is always less oxidized and black tea is the one, which is oxidized the highest.
Oolong tea is the one that lies in between that is partially oxidized. This partial oxidation is responsible for the tea’s color and its taste. You should try the Yoshan Tea which is famous for growing and making tea since 1880. They have the history of Taiwanese Ding Dong Oolong which was cultivated on the Ding Dong Mountain. There are several oolong tea benefits that all users need to know.
What are the benefits of Oolong tea?
- This tea contains epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). This EGCG helps to prevent memory loss and also reduces the chance of cognitive problems.
- It helps to reduce the blood sugar level which in turn reduces the chances of getting diabetes type 2, unwanted weight gain, and heart problems.
- It helps to reduce fats from your body which in turn helps you reduce weight. It does contain that caffeine which can be the best fat-burning booster without causing any problems to your sleep.
- It also helps to strengthen your bone. According to a study, a person who drinks about 1 to 5 cups of oolong tea will have higher bone density than a non-tea drinker.
- There is also a chance that oolong tea can help you fight against cancer cells because of its catechins and antioxidant compounds found in it.
- According to the study which was done on mice, oolong tea has the potential to improve the cholesterol and triglyceride levels in them. This indirectly reduces the risk of heart problems.
- It has proved to help reduce stress level in people.
- It helps improve oral health in individuals. According to the study, oolong tea has the potential to kill cavity-causing bacteria named Streptococcus mutants, thus keeping your teeth healthy and fine.
- Just like green tea, oolong tea also has the potential to promote a healthier balance of gut bacteria, which can help in your digestion system as well as mental health.
- As it is rich in antioxidants, it can help fight free radicals present in our bodies.
- The catechins which are present in tea like EGCG have a defense mechanism against harmful bacteria.
- It also can reduce menstrual pain
- Drinking oolong tea can boost liver functions removing unwanted toxins from our body
- They have the property of being an anti-fungal that kills the unwanted fungus.
- It can help to reduce skin discoloration or reducing sunspots that have been caused by ultraviolet rays.
- It also improves concentration.